الأحد، 27 مايو 2012

Doctor Zhivago

It’s been like 25 or 30 years since I told myself to watch this movie and I only got around to it now. I don’t remember how old I was but I remember when I was a kid asking my Mom what her favorite movie was and she said “Doctor Zhivago” and ever since I thought I should check it out. But, being another David Lean movie it’s 3 hours and 20 minutes long and every time I thought about watching I was like…ugh, 3+ hours? maybe some other time. Well, I guess I finally found that *other* time :-p
To be honest I just didn’t get it. In fact I didn’t enjoy it so much I’d almost call it bad.
The Good Parts: The Russian history. It takes place during the Russian revolution. Maybe this is the part that gets to people closer to that time. I don’t know how accurate the movie is but that part was interesting.
Another part I enjoyed was the contrast of 17 year old girl in the 1940s compared to a 17 year old American girl of 2006. Of course it’s a movie but if 17 years olds used to actually act that mature it’s no wonder getting married much earlier was not considered unusual.
The Music. I’m not sure if it was famous before this movie or not but I’m sure this movie helped make it a very common song.
The Bad Parts: Or, why I didn’t like it.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق